JANUARY FAVOURITES




JANUARY. It's been a long month, right? As February is now in full swing, there are quite a few favourites from January to share with you.

First up, ELEMIS Quiet Mind Temple Balm which is beautifully scented with lavender undertones. I have been using this every other night to help me get to sleep. If you read my JANUARY post here you will remember  my #1 tip was to get more shut eye. A little goes a long way with this balm. I like to use 1 pump and apply it directly to the back of my neck and temples with my ring finger roughly 30 minutes before bed. In the evenings i have been lighting my Yankee Candle in Vanilla Chai. I received this as a gift from my friend Diane and am absolutely loving this scent.

For the lips i've been loving the Clinique Chubby Stick in 05 Chunky Cherry. This moisturising lip colour balm is an old favourite which has made a reappearance of late. I find it provides the right amount of colour burst for throughout the day without being too bold. An absolute beauty staple during the Winter months has to be the SISLEY Nutritive Lip Balm. I've mentioned this before here in my A/W Essentials post. Definitely the most nourishing and soothing lip balm i've tried to sort out dry, chapped lips. Also an ideal base before applying colour. Not the cheapest lip balm by miles but certainly worth it. There has to be a reason it's been awarded "best lip balm" several years in a row by InStyle Best Beauty Buys.

For the eyes i've been loving the BY TERRY Touch-Expert Advanced Multi-Corrective Concealer. This has a creamy consistency which doesn't leave under your eyes looking cakey (providing you use a good eye cream first). It highlights in a subtle way which helps to hide those dark circles even more - winner!

For the face the VICHY Skin Idealizer Serum is lovely. It has a beautiful pearly finish which makes my skin glow. I received a sample in a glossybox and will definitely have to buy the full-size.

For the nails the Essie Nail Polish in Dive Bar is my absolute favourite. It's a really deep blue/grey colour with a touch of shimmer. I particularly loved this because when my nails began to chip slightly it was hardly noticeable.

Lastly, i've been trying out some new things for my hair. Currently loving the Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. I don't wash my hair everyday but when i do need to wash it, this combination thoroughly cleans my hair without drying it out or leaving it looking limp. It is also gentle on the scalp which is important to me during the colder months.

I hope you all enjoyed reading my favourites and of course do let me know what you've been loving this past month. Click on the links above (bold text) to take you directly to the store to purchase any of the highlighted products. 

Photos by Michelle

26 comments:

  1. I am tempted to buy Clinique Chubby Stick, but first I will by a Clinique concealer. I also love Vichy Idealia serum and most of Vichy products.

    My international GIVEAWAYS:
    http://www.beautybellenotes.com/2014/02/win-free-headerlogo-design-for-your.html
    http://www.beautybellenotes.com/2014/01/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html

    xoxo,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice review doll!!
    I like Clinique cause its antialergic, and I have a lot of alergia.
    I still dont by a Vichy products but its seems interesting, "perly finish" sounds atractive, will try!!
    Thanks for the post, its always udeful to know a real opinion before buy :)
    Have a nice sunday
    (I have a new fb page, would be glad if you like it)

    http://alissagromova.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moda-Sexo-Arte/1462172447327605

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh that candle sounds to die for! Really want to try some Liz Earle products aswell (: xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some I use too but some I didnt see belfore. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That essie polish looks fantastic. Great list of favorites :)

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus and I adore it. Great post!

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Liz Earle range, that Essie colour is stunning as well!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little favourites post! I adore Yankee candle and would love that particular one. I recently did a January favourites too and really enjoyed writing it. Almost as much as I enjoy reading them x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great picks !! love the color of nail polish :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the chubby stick from Clinique, and so curious about Idealia life serum!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. that yankee candle must smell perfect! i love anything vanilla!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Essie and Yankee candles...perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  13. these look like great products! thanks for sharing!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to give the clinique chubby sticks a whirl!
    Make sure to check out my blog!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Blog! I love the style of it

    visit my
    Blog | Facebook | Bloglovin

    let me know what you think :)

    would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A balm that helps you sleep, sign me up! The chubby sticks are my favorites too :)
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely selection, the essie polish is beautiful (:

    LauraThroughTheLens

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, your blog and your post are wonderful, congratulations. kisses from http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/
    Follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That clinique lip colour seems to be very popular! I should check it out!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just came across your blog and I'm really enjoying reading it :)
    I haven't used most of the products you've mention but I'm thinking that I need to.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful makeups!
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN ?

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks sweetie!! I love these products! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Blog Post: 15 Things Every Woman Must Have

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Essie nail polish looks amazing!
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete